My sister finally answered the question that had been driving me mad for the last couple of weeks.
How on earth can you slice pitta bread open without losing your mind?
The answer is incredibly simple – just pop them in the toaster (or microwave) for a few seconds first. Once they’ve been heated up a bit you’ll be able to slice them open quite easily.
So this afternoon I put this new knowledge into action when preparing this quite tasty snack.
|Pitta Stuffed With Cheese & Tomato||
- 2 pitta breads
- 6 olives
- 2 tomatoes
- 60g of ricotta cheese (or Philadelphia if you don’t have any)
- 40g mozzarella
- Italian seasoning
- Black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180C
- Chop up the olives and tomatoes and mix them with the ricotta and seasoning
- Heat the pitta bread for about 30 seconds in the microwave or toaster.
- Slice open the pitta bread and fill with the ricotta, olive and tomato mix
- Top with sliced mozzarella
- Bake for about 15 minutes
- Serve and enjoy!