A few months ago I bought an elliptical trainer, as I knew I needed to get physical exercise.
I chose an elliptical trainer as my research told me that it would give me a “full” workout, while also being quite gentle on my knees etc.,
The model I have is the LiveStrong LS 9.9E which is supposedly pretty good:
- Resistance 20 levels
- User Capacity 148 kg / 325 lbs.
- Heart Rate Contact Grips & Telemetric
- Stride Length 50.8 cm / 20”
- Frame SixStar Certified Frame
- Pedal Spacing 0” Q-Factor
- Flywheel Weight 10.5 kg / 23 lbs.
- Assembled Dimensions 190.5 x 61 x 165 cm / 75” x 24” x 65”
- Assembled Weight 88.5 kg / 195 lbs.
- Incline Power, 20 Levels (5% Increments)
- Entertainment Speakers with MP3 / iPod® Compatibility
- Console Display 5 Large Yellow-Green LE D Windows and Blue Backlit Display
- Programs Manual, Intervals, Weight Loss, Constant Watts, Incline 1, Incline 2, Random, Reverse Train, Custom
The controls are fairly easy to use. Turn it on, input your weight in kilos and choose a program and it does the rest.. Well .. you do the rest really, but you get what I mean!
Of course since I’m completely unfit using it hurts A LOT! I suspect I’ll have to start with short sessions and build up to doing a full 30 minute workout on it, as after 5 to 10 minutes my muscles are screaming.
What’s kind of cool, though, is that it shows you how many calories you’ve burnt off. What’s not so cool is that the number is so damn low!