I’m really beginning to like spinach and having a couple of bags of frozen spinach in the freezer is fantastic, especially when I haven’t had a chance to do any real shopping, like this week.
There’s a lot of different pasta sauces that you can make without using meat or fish and this one is incredibly tasty.
|Spinach and Tomato Sauce With Pasta|| |
- 2 tsp Olive oil
- 1 onion
- tin of tomatoes
- 1 tsp of balsamic vinegar
- ¼ tsp of sugar
- 4 balls of frozen spinach
- 75 g of pasta (uncooked weight)
- Black pepper
- Heat the oil and cook the diced onion and crushed garlic until soft
- Add the tomatoes, balsamic vinegar, sugar and herbs and simmer, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes.
- Add the frozen spinach and cook for 10 minutes
- Cook the pasta
- Drain the pasta and mix it into the sauce
- Serve with parmesan and black pepper (to taste)
- Spinach Gives Dishes A Lift (fat.ie)
- Wholewheat Pasta With Light Cream Cheese In Tomato Sauce (fat.ie)