When I was a student in Limerick I used to pick buy it regularly and cook it in a number of different sauces.
This recipe is inspired by one of those supplied by Tesco Diets. They call it a Provençal chicken, though I’m not sure if that’s really accurate.
The quantities in this recipe are for two, as I was cooking for someone else (obviously!)
If anyone knows of a supermarket or butcher that sells chicken thighs already skinned I’d love to know about them! I’ve tried skinning chicken thighs in the past and it’s a lot of pain for very little gain. So I’ve been cooking chicken thighs with the skin on ..
In terms of calories etc., this isn’t the healthiest option I’m afraid, though it’s not horrendous (probably around 700 – 800 calories?)
|Chicken With Tomato And Olives|| |
- 3 cloves of garlic (not skinned)
- Herbes de provence
- 6 chicken thighs
- 1 pepper OR 1 mug of frozen pepper slices
- 4 tomatoes OR 1 tin of tomatoes (chopped or whole)
- 200g mushrooms (sliced and diced)
- 5 or 6 olives chopped
- Olive oil
- Heat some olive oil in a pan
- Add the onion and cook until soft
- Add the chicken and cook until browned
- Add the tomatoes, mushrooms, garlic, herbs and olives. Do not skin or chop the garlic - it needs to be cooked whole "as is"
- Cook on a medium heat for 20 - 30 minutes
- Serve with new potatoes