Beetroot is a fantastic vegetable, though you usually find it already cooked or pickled. Making juice from beetroot was a whole new adventure in juice for me, so finding the right combination of juices was key.
I ended up adapting this recipe to suit me ie. smaller quantity and different proportions.
Beetroot, Carrot, Apple and Ginger Juice
A strong and tasty juice that will give you a nice kick to start the day
Prep Time 5 minutes
Total Time 5 minutes
Calories 280 kcal
- 1 beetroot raw / uncooked
- 2 - 3 apples medium to big
- 2 medium carrots
- 1/2 lemon
- 2 slices of raw ginger root
Top and tail the carrot and beetroot
Slice up all the fruit and vegetables so that they'll fit through your juicer
Fill the juicer with the fruit and vegetables alternating them so that they are mixed
Drink and enjoy!
The end result is quite tasty, though it retains the deep dark red colour from the beetroot.
- Pineapple, Carrot, Apple & Ginger Juice (fat.ie)
- Fresh Juice: Carrot, Celery and Apple Juice (fat.ie)
- Apple and Carrot Juice (fat.ie)
- Carrot Juice At Breakfast (fat.ie)
Leave a Reply